Monday, July 31, 2006

Mexico Trip: Day 4


Early in the morning Dyle, J one (left), Threat, Ezra and I headed to the writerz block. The writers block is a huge place with tons of walls. I saw some pices from very famous writers who have painted in the same spot. I felt like it was a sacred ground of graffiti and that I was the tag along. Especially when Ezra in a nice way told me secretly that he wanted me in the corner so that when he takes a picture of the whole production he could cut me out. I can understand where he's coming from but it's a really big diss that the other guys wouldn't have stood for it but I just went along with it. We met up with Fasm, had a group prayer (minus Ezra) and started painting. It was a trip doing a big production with so many talented artists in such a famous spot. We finished late and we had an oportuinity to talk with a guy who helps run the place called cutfather. He was the son of a pastor and he hinted at being an artist or being in the scene for 25 years. He gave us so many compliments which means alot coming from somebody that experienced. But one of the things he was most impressed about was the positivity of our message and he talked about how that as artists who answer to God we have a responsibility to do something with our art.

2 comments:

Tara White said...

hey i'm glad you experienced such a beutiful area for painting and sorry you were cut out of a pic. Iwould be affended but i love how understanding. You seem like your enjoying yourself and Gods doing powerful things where you are Tara

Battle said...

Thanks Tara