Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mexico Trip: Day 5

Threat, J1, Ezra, Dyle and I woke up really early in the morning and eventually left and met up with Fasm at the paint store. We crossed into mexico from San Diego and checked out the massive wall that we were supposed to paint it was on the side of a church. Threat was having second thoughts but Fasm decided we should paint it dispite the amount of time we had and the size of the project. We painted until it turned dark and stayed at Eric the youth pastors house. He is a very kind man, friendly, warm and encouraging. He took Ezra, Dlye, Dom and I to a stake house and we had a long conversation about God, evolution, and free will. Durring the conversation I pointed out a flaw in Ezra's logic, he got upset and accused me of making up stuff. Ezra is getting on my nerves a little bit but I'm learning to check my heart and decide to show him love and respect anyways. After a pointless (and illogical) conversation about evolution Eric closed by realizeing the pointlessness of the conversation and telling Ezra and Dom the important thing that they need to know if they want thier questions answered.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13

If anybody really wants to know God they can find him. You may not find him if you give it a half hearted effort but if you seek him with all your heart you will find him. That's a promise from God. His promise isn't that you'll find him if your a good person or if you read your bible or if someone prays for you and talks to you about God. His promise is that you will find him if you seek him with all your heart.

3 comments:

solnechko said...

i believe it...

lovin the updates...

Anonymous said...

your right battle i am trying to understand that right now. Wow it's kinda nice that you and the guys had a theological conversation about God.
can't wait to see the picture of the wall. tara

Battle said...

apparently after I went to sleep Eric and Ezra had a better conversation that wasn't as pointless till like 1 or 2 in the morning.