Saturday, July 29, 2006

Mexico Trip: Day 2

What a day! I flew out of buffalo and then had an eight hour layover in washington. I spent the time meeting some fellow travelers. Sumit who saw me drawing and said he really liked my stuff so I drew him his name and a character of himself. And I also met a in his forties (I felt compelled to show him a magic trick) and it turns out he used write "wall" twenty five years ago. I drew him a picture too. Then I flew to San Diego and got picked up at the airport by Dom at the airport.

I'm arrived at Threat's place and it's so cool theres like 5 other writers staying at his house. I'm trying not to be star struck. I met J1 from new york who is the the friendly giant he's 6'4" has a really deep voice and loves playing with Threat's kids. Dyle who is from New Zealand and is really nice and conciderate. Ezra who's from switzerland sat down with me and taught me some things about light source, shading and cutting. We sat up till really late talking about God, the church, the validity of the bible as a historical document, his faith in "energies", and his disappointment in his catholic upbringing after, I asked if I could pray for him and he said it was cool.

3 comments:

Aleah said...

Tara just said today that you were going, man I should read these things more. That's such a cool experience!

solnechko said...

that'd be cool to be staying with lots of neat people from all over, where you have one thing in common... that's cool.

Battle said...

Yeah it's totally cool. Everywhere you go in this house there's graffiti. Graffiti on the walls in the garage, Graffiti on canvases on all the walls, discussions about graffiti all the timme and even when you go to the bathroom there's tons of graffiti magazines for reading material, at night there's graffiti writers crashed out on the couch, writers on the floor it's crazy.