Sunday, July 16, 2006

Piece #11


Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my shameful deeds they haunt me day and night. Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just. For I was born a sinner-- yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. But you desire honesty from the heart, so you can teach me to be wise in my inmost being. Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again. psalm 51:2-8

5 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

I love it! The bubbles, colours, sparkles and the cute lil' character really appeal to me.

Battle said...

thanks Jamie, that character is from "scrubbing bubbles" the cleaning product. Calvin pointed out yesterday that I painted "clean" at the embassy hotel downtown, EOA, the dirtiest hotel/bar there is, ironic?

solnechko said...

no, i LOVE it. that's really cool.

Battle said...

thanks for the capital letters Shona, I appriciate your above average love of the work.

Tara White said...

i love it too i really like the message it has on people including myself it's a conviction on how much we need God in our life but think we can do it alone. too bad you can't paint that in my room everynight when i look at it it would remind me to spend more time with God and not to feel down on myself as much. if you don't understand thats okay