Thursday, July 20, 2006

clearer and clearer

I was reading a post from a blog about "Justice, Benevolence and Enabling Oppression" it had some powerful quotes and some good things to say about our society and a message that everybody needs to hear. I thought back to an old idea that Viceral and I have been thinking about scince we started 10 months ago and how it fit in with our message. We've been getting pieces of the puzzle individually to put in this mural and it keeps getting bigger and the problem (in my mind) is where to put this thing but, I thought about it. The Embassy! - (where I painted piece #11) I was so excited I rushed over there at 12:00am and talked to the owner about reserving the wall until I get back from mexico. I explained briefly about the colour scheme and the subject matter and he said it was cool. I also asked how he liked piece #11 and apparently all the drunks who frequent the bar have been having religious debates and philosophical discussions sparked by it. That was so cool to hear that it was having an affect on people and it's gotten them thinking about what is really important. Man, I'm so excited to go to mexico but I'm almost even more excited to come back and paint the wall. Ohhh! I love this! and I'm not ussually too excitable but when I see the plans of God unfolding around me, I just love it!

1 comment:

Tara White said...

thats awsome that everything is comming together whats the word going to say on it i guess i wasn't paying attention to the word have fun in Mexico. please blogg stuff about grafitti in Mexico