Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Battle Plan

Well I hooked up with Viseral tonight cuz I have a meeting with the owner of a building tommorrow about the use of his wall. We wanted to get together to understand the vision for the piece. We sketched out each part of the piece, talked about the colour scheme, shading, scale and division of work. The plan is coming together and we both had some good brainstorms with bolts flying around and bouncing off each other. Too many ideas to describe in words so you'll have to wait to see the finished wall. I asked Viseral if he could draw me a flag cuz I stink at drawing flags, he did a totally awesome flag but his point of veiw was off a bit. We both struggled a bit at different parts of this flag, which worked out well because working on the same paper we came out with a nice looking flag. It was frustrating for the first part because apart neither one of us could do it but drawing is usually a solo project...


Anyways, we took a break from drawing and just talked about our artistic influences, comic book artists we were drawn to. He liked Spawn, Pit and early Spiderman 2099 but I remember those books and I didn't like the art at all, he loved them. I liked the clean styles of X-men and spiderman which he didn't ever care for. He was mentioning that he has been doing more positive art scince he's been painting with me and I told him about how my art has been changing too: more stylish, less real, sometimes dark but I'm fighting the darkness. I'm starting to see how our spiritual lives comes out in all our work, even artistic endevours. Viceral's self portait from back before he found christ in a real way looks so dark just like he was at the time but his peace piece is so hopeful and bright like he is now and it's all subconcious.
-Battle 3 6

Mat 12:34-37 For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

4 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Thanks for the peak into what you guys have been doing and talking about. Fascinating.

Battle said...

You saw that portrait he did right? I was looking at it last night and it literally gave me shivers. That face and then how he was grasping on to that skull but letting go of the heart. He didn't even think about the significance of those two objects at the time he was just drawing but, it was just too insightful. That's what got me thinking about that verse. I was reading it and I was thinking by my art I'll be aquitted and by my art I'll be condemned. Art isn't really the idea of the verse but it applys in part, kinda. Anyways your welcome thanks for commenting and if you remember could ya pray for my meeting today.

Anonymous said...

did you draw that or was thats him i hope you did s great job keep it upTara

Battle said...

I drew it. Ray Comfort is a preacher/evangelist.