Monday, January 02, 2006

The "S"

I painted a really nice "s" in my basement that no one will see. I just kept fixing little mistakes and cutting and making it look just right. I was being patient taking breaks and then coming back to it day after day. It was so good that I didn't want to paint over it again. I went back to open door a couple of days ago and re-touched the lettering I did a while back. It was cold but I just couldn't sit home and paint over the same wall again. I have been getting a lot better recently and I wasn't affraid that I'd mess up my previous work. So I gave it a shot and it looks better. I think back to that night and I realize I made something a little more permanent than what I've done in my basement and I want that feeling again. So last night at 1:00 in the morning I packed up my spraypaint and I drove to Brantford. I worked through the cold, raining night and I drew a piece of cherry pie and "Jesus" on one of the skateboard ramps. The wood was hard to work on so I had to do a few base coats first before I started painting and by the time I got to the final out line of "Jesus" I was wet and tired I went fast not taking my time and it made it look a little sloppy. If I had a little more patience to finish it off right it would have looked a little better. I got home at 6:00am and it was great.
"being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father" Colossians 1:11&12

3 comments:

solnechko said...

cherry pie? that's cool...never seen that before

Battle said...

When I used to work at circle square ranch in brantford I was on this cherry pie kick. And my Dad was often traveling to or from Toronto for work so, once or sometimes twice a week he would drop off a cherry pie for me. Then Andrew would come over late at night and we'd eat cherry pie with our bare hands. kamakazie yellow jakets rule! here we are going to work but, no we're not cuz we're the sloths... BIODOME!

Anonymous said...

wow crazy. you actually drove to branford at 1am in the morning to spray paint What? Cherry pie and Jesus thats facinating i'm sure steve and the kids at camp will love it it's sounds original and artistic. Hey Battle whats next idea maybe somthing on the ramps that will remind the people staff included how amazing it is to be there somthing crazy like the sloths are back hahaha just joking
sweets. i like it i'm not mocking you tara