Sunday, January 22, 2006

Viceral

Today I was hanging out with Joel Terry (aka Viceral) after church. The other day he went back to a piece that we did together and he added to it. He didn't even know that I had also gone back to it and touched up some of my work too. He did a "peace" piece which I love he has so much raw tallent. We had lunch then headed back to his place. He had a blank wall in his room, I had some spraypaint and we both had some spare time. He didn't care what I painted just as long as it was colourful. It was nice just letting loose with all the bright colours. We had an awesome time painting, just looking at what each other had done, and going out to the road trying to see what pedestrians would see from the sidewalk. Everytime I hang out with him I feel blessed to know him and blessed that he also has a passion for God and Graffiti. And that we can proclaim the message of peace over troubled water... I wonder if he thought of that before he painted it.

(My stuff is on the bottom, his is on the top)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the stuff you did on the wall i think the green thing on the wall joel did looks like a frog cute peace sign on the church and oh yeah it;s great you to can bless each other with your gifts.i really like the side mask you did it looks beautiful. now thats what i call colourful Tara

Battle said...

it's not a frog it's a green heart with wings and I also like that mask.