Friday, June 22, 2007

the root of all kinds

If you are involved in minisrty (or will be invloved in the future) then continue reading if not this post is long and not very applicable. Doing ministry that costs money means the touchy and awkward subject of Money and the exchange of money. And this post is something people aren't supposed to talk about - the church and money but, I'm gonna say it anyways. I'm addressing my flaws and other peoples flaws as well as it concerns funding. Why does money bring out the worst in us? Money has been a theme with me over the last month. I don't like recieving money for my work but for some reason jealous thoughts slipped into my head and multiple times one day I had to reject those thoughts and replace them with the truth of the situation. I listen to some music and this line poked out for me.

"cuz the ground is gritty and the pavement is rough
some don't get reinbursed now so they givin up
they stop ministerin' and layin the cut
but the oportunity to bless the lord is payment enough"
-Jaz (rapper)

and I said to myself "I'm so glad that isn't me... I've got this Job lined up later which thier gonna pay me for" even though initially I didn't ask for it someone from the organization suggested that it would be foolish to do it for free. Then someone else informs me that "you know, we wont be paying you". I said "no problem" and figured they didn't have enough money and that times are hard. - nope. This is a wealthy organization who are kinda cheep. I said to myself "should I get reinbursed for buying a few hundred bucks worth of paint, a bus ticket accros the province and the time off work?" I read my bible and prayed about it and it seemed like the answer was Yes, you should get reinbursed but, you should do this anyways even if they don't give you a dime cuz it's the right thing to do. Your obedience shouldn't change because someone else doesn't understand this principle.
"When I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving...Not that I am looking for a gift" -Paul Phillipians 4:15,17

"some say thier tired of ministry cuz them churches is cheep
can't see the plot and satan's searchin for meat
so it aint about who actin funny
or frontin on money or nuttin
not matter what the liar claim
we obligated to live apon a higher plane"

No comments: