Friday, April 21, 2006

King Ruse

I had this idea to paint something that was very technically difficult, a portrait of a famous London citizen. I thought "it'll be hard to pull off but, if God has given me the vision he'll provide a way to pull it off". I was downtown painting it today and it came out so tight, much better than I could have done without God's help. Most of the time I can't pull off that on a piece of paper let alone a wall. But you can see it so you be the judge.




I was filling up the London wall and I was approaching the end of the wall where a Ruse throwup was. I remembered how much flack I got the last time I painted over someones bomb but I also thought about what I've promised the owner. Just then, who should walk up but Ruse he said he was mad cuz Phais crossed me out and he told me I could paint over his bomb and he wouldn't care. I told him that the owner wants the alley looking good and that your stuff looks good to me but to the owner it looks like poop. I told him that if he wants to put something that looks good at the end of the alley he's welcome to come paint with me and I left him my email address. I finish up and got on the bus to go back home and there's Mark "the Mechanic" a guy who I went to school with and he asks me about what I've been doing I tell him I've been painting and he mentions Ruse cuz he's his friend. He tells me about some graff pit in London and that he'll take me and Ruse there sometime.

6 comments:

solnechko said...

Ha! Did you just paint Bill Paul? That's amazing!

solnechko said...

(the hat and the bell helped me out a little) but.. wow!

Battle said...

Yeah, It's supposed to be diane hasket but it ended up looking like the town crier.

solnechko said...

yeah i don't think she has a beard

Battle said...

Ha ha ha! No, you got me! It wasn't supposed to be Diane Hasket. It WAS Bill Paul and I'm glad you could tell who it was. You found me out!

solnechko said...

yeah i went to see the wall

nice work