Saturday, April 15, 2006

I got Arrested

Viceral and I went out painting and were drawing on the permission wall. When I noticed two police officers running toward us. Immediately I waved at them hoping to show them that we were happy to see them and not vandals. But they knocked the spraypaint cans out of our hands and put us in cuffs. We said that we were doing this legally they told us that we were being put under arrest for suspicion of property destruction (or something like that). We tried to explain it to the cops that it as all legit but they searched us and kept us in cuffs. People were staring at us so I waved at them and they stopped staring. I was having a fun time because I knew it was a mistake and I thougt it was just funny. Viceral was sweating and just keeping completely silent he wasn't lauging I guess he didn't share the same hilarious outlook on the situation. I was cracking up cuz I just couldn't believe I was under arrest. It was after dark so no one was in the building to varify our legitamacy. They asked for the name and number of the owner I only had his work number so I gave that to the cops. The police officer called the guys work but, of course no one of that name was registerd as an employee. I started laughing so hard and Viceral's got this look of terror on his face like "ohhh... **** I'm going back to jail and they're gonna rough us up when they look at my record and who i was affiliated with and find out about my past". They asked us for our names and called the police headquarters to look up our records... Viceral is not looking happy and BAM! the one cop says to the other "thier both six-one-owe, no record". They let us out of the cuffs and left. You see Viceral hasn't had the best past but, a few years ago he left all that behind him and gave his life to the Lord. As it turns out past records and stuff were mostly when he was under sixteen and the other stuff was dropped on a technacality and all the subseqent charges that followed. And as for the affiliation's He thinks that the last time he talked to the cops he explained it to them how it was now and they changed the files around. He doesn't have a record anymore!

So, we keep painting and up pulls this patty wagon and an officer steps out. And I say "not AGAIN!" the cop laughs and says "no, I herd what happened I'm constable Sean Travis I'm in charge of the graffiti unit." He talked to us about the London graffiti scene, where the legals were, what the city's plans are, who's not writing anymore cuz they got arrested etc... and gave me his card that if there was any information I'd like to pass on just to give him a call.

3 comments:

solnechko said...

HAHA!!! That is SOOOO funny!
I can't believe they had you guys in cuffs and everything... HAHA... hehe you should change your name to battle610

Jamie A. Grant said...

Ha! You lead an amazing life, Battle. By the way, I went by your alley on Richmond Street on Saturday and I showed it to my Little. So good.

Battle said...

I still can't believe it! I've never been arrested in my life (not to say I haven't deserved it before) but now that I'm living right it's just such a shock it'll be one of those stories to tell my kids. I honestly thought that I'd go through life never being arrested but oh well.

Thanks Jamie, I'm glad you liked it. I hope you got something from it.