Saturday, April 22, 2006

Also Known As

If you didn't know there has been this guy who's mad at me and he's been destroying my walls and it had me stressed. But I am so happy now, and I'll tell you why. I dropped my Mom off at the dentist and was walking around the mall when I noticed some spraypaint art on the inside of a store so I asked the girl who worked there if she knew who did it. She told me then asked me if I spraypainted. I said yeah, and she said "do you know Jon Smith* he goes by Phais". I couldn't believe it she told me the name of the guy who has been bugging me for the last few weeks. She might as well have given me his head on a platter. I bet Constable Sean Travis would love that piece of information. Not that I would want him to go to jail, I just want him off my back and for him to stop destroying my stuff. The lord gives good gifts, who can stand against him? No one! No matter who you are or how long you've been completely untouchable God can find you and deliver you into the hands of your enemy. It's comforting and scary. All the discouragement that I've experienced and then Jesus comes and lifts my burden. When I thought I was helpless, when I thought all I could do was lay down and let him have what I've worked for - God has empowered me, he has laid up the wealth of the wicked for the righteous. If God is with you no one can stand against you. So get out there and stand with God!

*Jon Smith is not acctually his name

3 comments:

Battle said...

batte-"Hey John*, I'll start off by saying I don't know all the rules to graffiti and in the future I will try to avoid going over the pieces you have put some effort into. You crossed all my work out on both sides and I'm gonna let it go and I forgive you weather you're sorry or not. And I'll tell you what if you really want a spot on that wall we can work something out if you're able to be civil. I painted over you, you crossed all my work out I think that's even. I really hope this is over and you don't feel the need to start this up again because I really like some of your work and people are saying your a cool guy I don't wanna fight you or tell on you or anything. I just want you to calm down, stop risking your future on this stupid wall and realize I'm not trying to get you."

Phais- "ya julia said she talked to you
i have no problem with you anymore, i had my fun and i enjoyed what i did
but im not the one you have to worry about, im fairly mild mannered and dont take graffiti too seriously, but a lot of the other people you went over are steaming mad and are looking for you, so you might want to lay low and not talk about t ebing you that did that
i was mad because i dont live in london anymore and only get very few chances to paint there
also, you should practice a lot more before doing showtime pieces, you have to crawl before you can walk, and walk before you can run, you dont start on top, you work your way there
graffiti is only a small part of my life, i have a legitimate art career to work on and dont worry about graff all that much
my advice to you is to just give up on that wall, because you havnt put in any work people arent going to respect that wall, and people are just going to continue going over it and your just gonna keep wasting money on it

i dont have any problem with you anymore, so you can not worry about me, but you mentioned telling on me, that would be a bad idea, there are certian rules graffiti writers live by, one of them is no matter how much beef you have, you leave it on the streets, ratting on people is a big time offence, and people have been hospilaised and even killed for actions like that, im not saying that would happen to you, but it has happened in the past
so leave you beef on the street
you obviously know my name now, and i will be shortly working on getting yours and any other info i can about you just in case
so so long as you keep your mouth shut we wont have any problem, plus ive been busted many times and the police already know my name so it wont do much"

Battle- "Thanks for the advise man, I'll definately use it in the future and your right about starting off a little too fast. I really didn't quite know what I was getting into just by painting on the wall. You got me a little wrong, I said I don't want to rat. I've seen your work and to rid the world of your talent that, would be a crime. The other day I went down to the spot under the bridge by the splash pad at harris park and I climbed out on that little ledge and realized you have so much talent. If you get busted it wasn't cuz of me. If you want my name you can have it with out working for it. Just don't give it to te people who are steaming mad and are looking for me, fair? Thanks again man and if you want a spot on the wall just come up with something "nice" and I'll tell the owner that some oher guy is coming to finish the wall (and I'm not gonna say who it is) but you may not want to do it but I'll save you space till you get back to me.

John Smith*
123 some st.
London Ontario
XXX 4k5
555-1987
battle36@gmail.com"

*the events you witnessed are real but the names and places have been changed to protect the persons involved.

Battle said...

...Continued from last comment

Phais- "cool, that ledge one blows, i can throw down much better than that
http://www.myspace.com/phais
you can see my other work there, i keep up with it fairly regularly
perhaps i may have misjudged you"

Jamie A. Grant said...

It takes a big man to admit possibly having misjudged some. Cool.