Thursday, April 13, 2006

Jeff the Satanist

A month ago I was walking in the alley's in downtown and I had found some upside down crosses and 666 spraypainted around and it was kinda sad. A few weeks ago My Dad stopped by one of my walls and said that someone had painted some satanic stuff on my wall, I immediately thought of the upside down crosses. That was kinda upsetting so, I talked with Isaac about it and he said that I will find out that this person is a broken person and not hardened in his ways. He said that this is happening for a reason and that God has ordained our steps (mine and his) and it's part of God's plan. So, I went to check out the wall and it wasn't the guy who I thought it was. I thought about Isaac's "prophesy" and what it ment. Would I meet this guy? will I just have an instict that this guy isn't hardened? or was he just saying it so I wouldn't be angry?

I was fixing up my alley the other day working on a fish hook and some other stuff and I took some time to look through the alley at the diferent artwork. I was admiring the artistic skill of one piece. When two guys came out of the building that I was staring at. And they started talking to me and the one guy says to the other "you can tell which ones I did eh?... a big **** inverted" (upside down cross). So I told him that I'd been thinking about his artwork recently and the origin of the inveted cross. How Peter said he was not worthy enough to be martred in the same way christ was. I asked him what he believed in. He said He was a satanist and he was going to hell. I told him it doesn't have to be that way. He said being evil is more fun, I said it's more fun but only for a time(heb11:25). He said that God is too forgiving and that he could never forgive like He does. I could tell he was holding onto something that he just couldn't forgive. Behind his rough exterior he was so vulnerable - like an innocent child. He didn't feel worthy enough to be saved because no one is worhty enough to be saved. God is forgiving and I wouldn't have it any other way because we all need alot of forgiveness.

2 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Isaac's a pretty cool guy. It's great that you have someone that can relate to some of your artistic challenges.

Battle said...

I have a feeling you may also experience some of the same challenges as you branch out into artistic expression in the public. Once Jamie a. Grant has a few fans you'll probibly also find out that there are a few people who want him dead no matter how well he sings or how nice he really is. But as long as you don't care one way or annother what people say about you and only care about what God thinks you'll be able to rise above it all.