Monday, November 07, 2005

Powerful and Passionate


I've been talking to a professional Christian graffiti artist from the Bronx. Why he's decided to waste his time on a young upstart like me is quite the quandary. At first when I saw his work I was blown away, he is an artist like I've never seen. Powerful and passionate with entire messages poured into one singular picture. I was like "wow, someone is doing what I'm trying to do" and then I thought "who do I think I am?" I'm no artist, this guy is an artist! might as well give up now. My passion died and for an entire day I didn't have the urge to paint. When I should have been encouraged I was discouraged. I’ll need to know that I’m not alone in this ministry and I’ll need to know that God uses graffiti to convey his message.

3 comments:

Aleah said...

Whoa, their work is pretty sweet. It's neat to see something that's stereotypically seen as negative and use it for God. Kinda opens one's eyes to all the ways to honour Him.

Battle said...

Jesus truely is the redeemer

Anonymous said...

Hey wow God really uses people to get his work done it doesn't matter how good you are at a gift.As long as you are there and willing to work hard. I love that God has artists that paints a colourful picture whether it be graffitti. It's beautiful and makes you think theres so many talents God Given us to show who he really is or thats beautiful.
i'm glad that your motivated to learn more and someone is caring to teach you. thats how people should learn about there gifts being taught bt somone that is good at what they do.