Friday, November 18, 2005

The medium is the message



I showed my Dad this Christ sketch. He's been looking for art recently for his house and inquired if I'd like to do something like that on a real canvas in acrilic. I thought about it and I didn't like the idea. I realized that I liked Graffiti. The idea of just maybe 30 people seeing the message was disconcerting it would be like giving the greatest sermon of your life to just one person who really didn't need it. I want the messages of the bible seen by everyone. Not just hidden away and kept for only those who read latin or visit my Dad's house. I can't thank God enough he has blessed me so much. He gave me a parking lot in downtown London, I feel like I've been given so much I didn't even realize until now. Like the skydome full of people, a microphone, and a message to speak. Not even as passing as words spoken and then forgotten days or at most years later, it's perminent. That message may be there for years as a public witness.

2 comments:

Battle said...

I love my Dad.

Newsandseduction said...

interesting.