Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hammering Away

I've been hard at work developing my technique, getting rid of those pesky drips and getting to understand how this medium differs from pen and paper. I'm trying to get better so that if and when I do more public pieces I won't be as limited in what I can say with a spray paint can. I've got different ideas rolling around in my head and occationally one comes up and I think cool... but I can't do that cuz it won't look like a hand, it'll look like a cloud or something. I've also been thinking about a name and how alot of graffiti artists have names. I don't really want one right now for two reasons 1. I'll probibly look back one day when I get better and someone will be like "you're _____?" That guy who did that killer picture of that cloud with the wristwatch? 2.It's not about me it's about the message and if people spend time looking at my name it detracts from what I want them to look at. When asked what people thought my name should be here were a few responces:

Isaac said "Rich in christ"

Joel said "I dunno... joy boy... hahaha!"

Just as a fun comment builder, what do you think?

4 comments:

solnechko said...

Veronica

Battle said...

Does Veronica really suit me?

Anonymous said...

i think your name should be passionate inspirations it's not the greatest but has good meaning your passionate about serving God and your inspiring for young people to learn from you i'm just thinking too much i personally like sweets and rooster as my 2 and 3rd name Tara

Anonymous said...

thanks, sweets is just the name you call me. I'd prefer if people who aren't you didn't call me that. "my lil snuggly bear" is also not going to be my name. but I wuv you my 'lil snookie pear anyways. For those of you who don't know Rooster is my "street name" the name some of the street kids gave me when I worked at the youth shelter.