Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Inspired and on Fire

Joel has been getting truely inspired by the task ahead. He is a true artist. The peice is becomeing a more powerful statement on the christian life than originally invisioned. And he wants things from me that will push my artistic ability (which is a good thing I hope). We plan to start practicing and laying down the base coat tomorrow. I've been gearing up by painting a christian skatepark in brantford today. Hats off to Sheriff Steve for the canvas. I encountered some problems and I didn't even sign my name to it because I was being overly critical. I might go back this week again to reclaim some of my dignity - there's alot to paint at CSR. I've taken J1's advise and didn't cheat and ordered some caps.

6 comments:

solnechko said...

i got a sneak peek at the background swirls on sunday, and an exp about what the whole thing might look like... i was truly impressed and i'm also really stoked to see this thing take shape... i can't wait to see what lots of prayer and talent mixed together can bring about for effect. yay!

Battle said...

see! Isn't he talented? I'm curious what "lot's of prayer" refers to. Is there some sort of praise report? or do you just assume people have been praying?

Jamie A. Grant said...

She might be assuming that you guys are praying about your plans since it's a message to the community. Or she might be referring to the prayer that people have put in regarding the renovations of the whole building.

solnechko said...

Hmm... I was assuming you guys were praying about it. Since it takes some prayer to hear from God to get a vision for it, and some inspiration about what to paint.

Battle said...

Yeah I've prayed about it. I usually talk to God once an hour or so. Maybe 5 times about this project, maybe 20 about spraypaint in general, and like 25 for your church. God answers prayers.

Anonymous said...

i agree it really make you think how God can use not just anybody for a job.it's blessing to see young pepole having a passion with paint and glorifying the lord i bet Gods looking at the work of art right now and saying you know how many people that walk by that building and see my name there and then he would fill in the blanks with his own number.