Monday, November 28, 2005

Named


I've been thinking and I need a name. How would people find me if I was nameless? How would they really understand what the art is without knowing where it's coming from? When I was doing the battleground records thing I thought about using the name battle briefly but I wrote it off because I was working on it and I didn't want to be entirely associated with the record company. I opened up my Bible and the word battle was the second word I read (the first being "and"). I think that was the comfirmation. Just so you know it wasn't my idea.

-battle

6 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Heh. I'm sure Abe will approve.

Query: Can you develop multiple versions of your graffiti tag as you go along or is it preferred to stick with one style of signature?

Battle said...

Yeah... Abe, hahaha... oh well.

Comment:I've seen alot of different signatures from the same guys usually with the same letters. An example would be "Mystery" signs "Mr.E" sometimes. But I don't know.

Anonymous said...

well i'm glad you have confermation i thought you said you dodn't want to have a name cause you didn't want people to get the wrong idea. anyway it's cool Gods opening up doors for you.
Tara White

Battle said...

Yeah, I think it's important not to want the recognition but also not to go over board and not claim public responcibility over your art. I shouldn't be ashamed of what I do. Danielle Steele puts her name to a book in part to tell the veiwer what the book will be about. I put my name to graffiti so people can get an idea of what I'm about. If they see two pieces by the same person they can link them together and get a clear message of what is important to me.

Mohd Asrool Hasbullah B Shuib said...

cool..

Abe said...

"Abe, hahaha... oh well." Huh, story of my frickin' life.