Friday, June 30, 2006

Piece #10


Matthew 27:27-31 Then the governor's soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.

I woke up in the morning with this great idea, I'd been talking to Fasm about a trick that he had done that makes the inline look like shiny gold. So first thing in the morning I drew the sketch and then in the afternoon bought some yellow and brown paint and a co-worker let me borrow thier car and I went to the wall. I prayed for the yellow to work and it didin't run much. While I was finishing up this group of kids were talking and one needed a ride back to the place I was going. This kid was tall, thin had a pair of converse shoes on and kept talking about punk rock bands and what it ment to be a real punk. It was like I ran into myself when I was his age full of lofty dreams and an attitude that the world was too stupid to see how wrong they were and it was my duty to inform them of this. Me and Derek (battle jr) had a good conversation about punk rock bands I used to listen to and what it ment to be a poser and a sell out. But then as we passed a church he put up his middle finger and shouted "F U JESUS" it drifted to more substantial topics of philosophy, his catholic upbringing, the church and Jesus. He really looked up to me and gave some thought to what I had to say. I thought "what did I need to hear back then". The answer 1) the church isn't Jesus and 2) that I didn't know as much as I thought. He agreed on those two points but we couldn't agree on whether "indistructable" was a good album.

3 comments:

Battle said...

...too much to put into the blog post. I was kind of wondering which free wall at grimsby I would paint. I hoped just one would be painted over so I could start fresh or that one was defaced. Otherwize I'd have to go over my oldest one cuz I've filled up all three walls. I got there and on my oldest wall someone had written f Jesus. and someone else had come along later and crossed out the f part. I was so thankful that someone at the skatepark didn't stand for comments like that and that the choice of which wall to do was made up.

Anonymous said...

Hey, so were you arguing for or against "Indestructable"?

By the way, I once wrote an entry about when I got disillusioned with the punk rock scene. You can read it here:
http://poserorprophet.livejournal.com/19462.html

Battle said...

I used to like indistructable. ivory coast was my favorite or under the red hot moon.

thanks for the link, it was a good read. I became disillusioned with the punk rock scene about 4 years ago. I was watching SLC punk with my girlfriend when I realized she liked the backstreetboys and I didn't care. How could I call myself a punk after that? I realized that maybe being a punk wasn't as important as I thought.