Wednesday, June 21, 2006

bits and pieces

I just thought I'd mention a few odds and ends and post up some painting. None of this stuff deserves it's own post so I threw it all together. I met with the owner of Anderson Flowers on Dundas today and he agreed to let me paint his wall and is going to pay for the paint. I got started on it and it's going well. I also met with Kathy McLaughlin from mainstreet london I showed her some of my work. She had herd of me from a few different people and she seemed hopefull of the future she also gave me a lead on annother owner who has been wanting to have his alley painted with a mural. The radio program aired a couple of nights ago on 106.9 at 11:00pm people who herd it said good things. I did a friend's room and was bored one night so I touched up a parking sign in exchange for some food. And last but not least Viceral and I went out painting the 150ft alley off of richmond and are pretty much done that entire alley that has taken months to do both sides of (phew). At one point I wondered how we were going to do it but now, it's done. Next time I do a wall that big I'm gonna plan it out better so that the message doesn't get confusing and there is enough congruent content to fill the wall.

2 comments:

solnechko said...

hmmm... so I was walking around downtown with some friends yesterday night and I made them come with me to see the wall.

I could kinda make out the fish and stuff. It was really hard to see because it's a dark alley. And because they were too scared to come to the end of it with me, I didn't stay long. There were weird noises coming from the garbage pile.

So, I went to see what you were working on on Sunday... but I really couldn't appreciate it. So I'll have to go back in the day time.

Is that the parking sign for the African restaurant? It looks familiar. How was the food?

Battle said...

yeah the alley is kind of scary at night and there's no light at the back. Definately check it out durring the day. That is the paring sign for the african resturant! good eye! I'm planning to redeem my free food ticket this week so, I'll let you know.