Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Piece #26

Exodus 25: 1-22
The LORD said to Moses, "Tell the Israelites to bring me an offering. You are to receive the offering for me from each man whose heart prompts him to give. These are the offerings you are to receive from them: gold, silver and bronze; blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen; goat hair; ram skins dyed red and hides of sea cows; acacia wood; olive oil for the light; spices for the anointing oil and for the fragrant incense; and onyx stones and other gems to be mounted on the ephod and breastpiece. "Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.

"Have them make a chest of acacia wood—two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high. Overlay it with pure gold, both inside and out, and make a gold molding around it. Cast four gold rings for it and fasten them to its four feet, with two rings on one side and two rings on the other. Then make poles of acacia wood and overlay them with gold. Insert the poles into the rings on the sides of the chest to carry it. The poles are to remain in the rings of this ark; they are not to be removed. Then put in the ark the Testimony, which I will give you. "Make an atonement cover of pure gold—two and a half cubits long and a cubit and a half wide. And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover.


Place the cover on top of the ark and put in the ark the Testimony, which I will give you. There, above the cover between the two cherubim that are over the ark of the Testimony, I will meet with you and give you all my commands for the Israelites.


3 comments:

Battle said...

Fasm's been saying recently that art is worship. Whatever you paint, you are praiseing. People praise themselves and worship themselves when they paint thier name illegally alot of times. As I go through this passage of exodus I think about this list of stuff that the isrealites had to do before reciveing the presence and instruction from God. First they had to sacrifice what they found valuable as they felt moved to do so. Then artists and workmen executed making this ark of testimony so that people would remember all that God had done for them. Then comes the beautiful part after they've done what God asks he promises to meet with them and instruct them in the way they should go. I pray that God finds my sacrifice of time, money, comfort, and paint acceptable, that I have worshiped him in the way he has set for me and I pray that he will meet with me and instuct me in what I should do.

Anonymous said...

awsome i really like the message and
the drawing you did it must have taken you along time to figure out how to research this fasinating
your right that God wants us to use our gifts for him and glorify his name i think that it's different because we have set rules but we have more freedom than they did back then

Aleah said...

I really like this one!