Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ohio Trip: Day 2

Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives

It was paint day. I woke up in the morning and we went out to an construction equipment rental place. Lionheart had arranged a warehouse for me to paint in and was picking up a space heater so that it'd be warm in there. I went down there thinking I was going to painting a pickup truck man I was wrong. This truck was huge, I could have fit 5 pieces on it. I was really excited cuz he gave me free reign of the truck and just let me have at it. I could tell he was a little nervous though he tried not to show it. He was very conciderate the whole time I was painting asking if it was too cold like seven times, if I was hungry 4 times, if I was thirsty, if I wanted him to shake any cans for me etc. He was taking good care of me I felt like a million bucks. We took a break for lunch and I checked my email but I worked almost straight through 11 hours of painting to get this truck done in one day. The last few hours just dragged and the initial excitment I had going in was really starting to subside after standing that long. But Lionheart was just getting more and more pumped about the truck as it unfolded and was a great encouragement as I painted. My excitment is what got the truck started, his entusiasm was what got the truck finished.

4 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Love the design! Jesus! *clap clap clap* Jesus! *clap clap clap*

And man, 11 hours of writing sounds exhausting...your last line about enthusiasm was classic.

Anonymous said...

amazing!

Battle said...

thanks guys

Anonymous said...

yah see you have alot of enerdy for 11 hours of work and might i say the truck looks beautiful. I can see it now when people in there cars look at the truck they are going to wonder what to think expecially with Jesus is better than Hell on the back. good job thanks for comming home as soon as you were done that truck
tara