Friday, July 20, 2007

Port Sydney Trip: Day 1

I got back from Ohio and I arrived in London to pick up my fiance Tara who I'd be traveling with on this trip. I was going up to a christian children's camp to paint thier skatepark and figured it'd be nice to have her around for this as sort of a vacation for her. I didn't like using just stock tips and rust-oleum paint for the last few days so I decided to stop off at the graffiti store before we left. The store was closed but the guy let me in anyways and I got some tips and 5 cans of nice paint. It was a very freeing experience to know that I would paint with good paint again, it's been a few months since I've had that luxury. The trip by bus was a lot more comfortable than any other trip because Tara was there, it was really relaxing and certain things are easier with two people (ex. I'll watch the bags you go get food). We arrived in Brace Bridge at 2:20am where we expected to be picked up but no one was there. We called the camp but no one was answering, we left messages but no one showed up to pick us up. We waited 'till 6:00am when the lady at the motel nicely hinted that maybe it was time for us to leave. So we called a cab to take us to Camp Mini-Yo-We where Oliver the guy who was supposed to come get us apologized for the mix up he thought we meant 3pm not 3am.

2 comments:

Abe said...

Like Oliver Veit, Dan's good friend? Like Mini-yo-we where my two sister in laws work and where Jude is right now? I'm jealous.

Battle said...

The very same! I saw beth, jude, cheril but missed josh by a few hours.