Friday, July 13, 2007

Ohio Trip Again: Day 1


I'm on my way to Ohio again to meet with Lionheart and paint at an outreach event the're having here. On the bus ride I talked to a buddist monk from Lao who's master died last month. I was expecting more from him. Like him to be really deep and, and have like an aura or something, he didn't, he just had a safety orange robe that made it look like he was glowing. He invited me to his temple I said I don't think I'll be going but thank you for the invitation. on the next bus I talked to a guy named Mac who was on off-Broadway actor and a christian. Nice guy, we talked about both of our failures to be evangelists in the traditional scence, ecclesiastes, art, drama, the death of a salesman etc. He liked my work so much that he wanted something I'd done so, I sketched his name with a cross and a mask and a bible quote and he said he was going to hang it in his dressing room wherever he goes so people know what he's about (the cross). He offered to pay me but, I told the customs lady that I wouldn't sell any art while I'm down here (not that I ever sell any art ever) . In Columbus I talked to a guy from Kalamazoo (where my last trip was) whose dad was a pastor. While I was on the buses and waiting at layovers two different people made the same comment to me, at different times and it's not a common comment. They said "don't give up". Lionheart is still the same friendly guy I came to love my last trip, he drove to Columbus at 2:00 am to pick me up and has been looking for a car for me last week which is really a little too generous. He's got a lot of work to do tommorrow to get ready for this event coming up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sqrqjI picked Mac up at the bus station and one of the first things he did was to show me your sketch. He had some one scan the work and gave me a copy. He then borrowed it back to show his son and when it was returned, I framed it to hang in my room so that when he is gone from Ohio, I will have the picture to look at daily with fond memories and love of such a good person and now I feel closer to the artist since I looked you up. I leave you with Matt 5:16, Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Thank you, Mattie