Friday, September 01, 2006

New York Trip: Day 3

Well all the events were over and by the time I woke up Fasm had left and Zion was on his way out the door. So I packed up my stuff and Tim gave me a ride to the bus station. When we got there I realized I hd left my sketch book at Tim's house and Tim has to go to work so he calls is Mom to get the book and drop it off. Tim said she'd come though and she'd be here in 15 minutes. Half an hour later the bus I was supposed to get on was loading up and she hadn't shown up yet. I released it to God and said if you don't want me to have it or if you want me to come back here to get it that's Ok. I started thinking about all my work and more importantly all the pieces other guys had done in my book that I'd never get back and that couldn't be replaced. I prayed that I'd get my book back. I'm the last in line getting on the bus and before I get on the bus I take one last look around just in case she showed up in the last 20 seconds scince the last time I checked and there she was just pulling up to the parking spot on the street. I grabbed my book and made it on the bus. After it was all finished and the whirlwind of the event and the trip subsided I felt empty as I waited on the buses and in the stations and temptation came on hard. Some things that Big City said were very applicable. I just gotta remind myself that I have the ability to be a Lying, Alcholic, Fornicator if I take the path of immediate gradification.

No comments: