Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Birth of Battle Murals

I was painting a piece (piece #15) for a business and while I was painting two middle aged men approached me and asked what I was doing, what it said, why I was doing it and if I got paid for it. I told them that the bussiness owner is just paying for the paint and that I've never gotten any money for it. He reached into his pocket and gave me a five dollar bill and said "now you've been paid for it, God put it on my heart to give you $5". That night I finished the piece and the next day I went to the business to collect the paint money. The Secratary/accountant said that she would need reciepts for the paint in order to pay me. I didn't have the recipts, I was a little frustrated and told the story to my Mom who told me if I just write up an invoice it'll be good enough for thier books, you just write your business name here and this and that. Battle Murals was born. It's just a way for me to stay responcible to the government for my taxes and possible future revenue. Yeah right, Graffiti has only financially given me an empty bank account so far. If the future is any different it'll be a miracle.

1 comment:

Battle said...

Thanks for the advise. Alot of people have been telling me the same thing so I think you're right.

P.S. Thanks, I thought I'd try a new style.