Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Straight Talk

Before I painted the Town Crier in my London mural I asked his permission to do so. The other day he gave me a call and wanted to know how it went and to invite me on his radio show - Straight Talk with Bill Paul. We sat down in the studio and talked about graffiti and what I was doing in the city for about 20 minutes. He kept asking me about graffiti artists and tagging and trying to get my opinion about illegal graffiti but I just said that I don't really concern myself with all that. I think it went well and he said that he'd like to have me back sometime.

5 comments:

Battle said...

I'm gonna try to get the transcript or a recording posted of my interview later. Everyone who goes on his show signs his book and so he's got like jim carrey and some other famous people in his book and that's him holding up the piece that I drew in his book.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Ah, so that explains the picture. Such a marvelous life you lead, Battle.

By the way, I was downtown last week with my mom to watch Riverdance. Since we got there early, I took for a short walk to see your alleyway. She was quite impressed with your work, though she had a little trouble believing you did it all freehand with spray paint. She's done a number of murals herself for children's hospitals and whatnot so she loved it.

Battle said...

carebears! I'm telling you man me and your mom can do some collaberation some time! I've got a kids room at a church lined up for the late summer early fall that me and her could totally hit up.

Aleah said...

Hey, that's pretty sweet! I agree with Jamie, pretty marvelous life you lead. It's nice to see you using your talents to further God's kingdom and influence an area where people might otherwise overlook.

Battle said...

http://ipodnetworks.com/caster/359/info_951.php

I'm trying to get this to work Help Jamie!!!