Friday, December 02, 2005

Walking

On a walk I steped into an urban clothing store and asked if they sold spraypaint expecting "No" which I herd, but following that were directions to a record store... hmm... Tucked away in the corner of Grooves beside Dr.Disc is a spraypaint section! They have peach and greens and blues. It's my new favorite store. Well actually it's a tie - Upper Room and now Grooves. On the way to Gooves I was casually traveling downtown and noticed some bad looking graffiti so I called up the owner of the building today and talked to him about letting me paint it. He isn't opposed to the idea but he wants somthing - as he put it "Historic London". So I got off the phone with him and I thought to myself

"idontwanna do this...its not my style... its so boring...and what am i gonna do anyways? historic london? well God if you want me to do this i will, but you gotta help me out"

I prayed while I drew and He helped me come up with a nice mural idea that I think the owner will like and that I can find satisfaction in aswell. I realized once again that graffiti to me isn't about the art or the pride. It's about spreading around God and I think that even just drawing this sketch has helped me realize this again. God's working on me and pride is something that is a theme in my walk right now.

*This is the message I got on my answering machine the next night

"Hi, uh, it's Robby Smink calling for Richard. Uh, Richard thank you for the sketch. I think we've got something here that we can basically work with here. And uh, I'd like to get together with you and maybe discuss it a little more. uh if you wanna gve me a call..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting !

solnechko said...

What's the sketch of?
You know... If you're looking for something rich in London historically, maybe one say you will paint a mural of John Graves Simcoe standing at the forks of the Thames, praying over the land and inhabitants of the future city, when he established it as London. I may be a little off on my facts, but fact is, he did pray a powerful prayer for us and recorded it in his journals.

Battle said...

Simcoe really? sweet! where can I find it? I would totally love to use it.
I don't want to ruin it for you if or when you see it in colour.

Anonymous said...

what kind of paint was it!!! i must know.

Battle said...

Montana black, gold and platinum!