Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gospel Hip Hop Fest: Day 2


We got to the place and met up with everybody, I also got a chance to meet Weese who, I've been talking with on the Gospel Graffiti Forum, he was there with his band and he also got to paint that day. There was a ton of other writers: Game, Oz, Sno, Cruk, Akon and a bunch of other guys. The event said they would supply paint but I was glad I brought my own, there was a major shortage of black and I had to mix flat black and glossy black to finish my piece. Everyone was asking to borrow my cans and I lent them out freely. One guy (who will remain nameless) was supposed to get the honored center spot, came to paint, started painting his piece. I lent him like 4-10 cans and he didn't finish! He took off because he didn't like that he didn't have the right cans, he complained to the event co-coordinator that it wasn't fair that "Battle got all the cans". The event guy was like "he brought all his own paint we didn't give him anything". Awesome break dancers, dope MC's, an awesome freestyle battle contest where the competitors had to compliment their opponent and then the police showed up and shut us down. The best part was talking to Weese and teaching him about letter structure and painting techniques super nice guy, really teachable and a heart for the lord, I hope to see him again. We stayed at the event coordinators house and we talked about spiritual things and next years event till late into the night. It was cool 'cuz he was a real fan of graffiti and a good brother.

No comments: