Sunday, January 14, 2007

New Years Resolutions


Not that it has anything to do with January 1st but I do have some plans for the future. I just bought a scanner and better camera. I made a video about a wall I did and I'm in the process of making annother one. I don't know how to post them or what format they're supposed to be in. I wanna take Cammer up on his offer to stay with him and travel to san fran. Maybe make some trips to visit other Gospel Graffiti members on the way. I'm going to paint with Sonz (a guy in my crew an hour away) as you all as my witness it's going to happen. I wanna figure out what my art is supposed to say... Nothing against doing annother Jesus piece and saying somthing nice but, I wanna reach people, change lives, mindsets, habits, shift peceptions, identify with people and give them real tangable hope. Some of my most un-graff work has made the biggest difference. I'm gonna keep working on my letters but I really want my characters to say something. This is the way I see it: People look at my technical skill and it draws them in. Then they hopefully read my message contained in the work. Finally they process this information and, how they process this information is determined by the emotional connection tied to the content. but God can use even the ugliest, untintelligent, offensive piece to accomplish his will through his blessing of the holy spirit. I want to care less about what other writers think, including you guys on the blog and do what God wants. Sometimes the first thing I think after finishing a piece is... "People are gonna love the way this looks" Instead of something like "I hope God uses this to touch someone"... my heart has gotta change.

4 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Did you do the sketch for this post? 'Cause I freakin' love it!

Battle said...

No, it's just a picture from my sketchbook. I did it the night after you lent me that batgirl comicbook.

Jamie A. Grant said...

That lone tear is...wow. I really identified with that image a few times recently. Thank you.

Battle said...

you're welcome.