Friday, October 27, 2006

GG

I have been thinking too much, A year ago I set out to spread a positive message to the streets using the medium of spraypaint. I thought I was was the first to think of spreading the gospel ths way, I thought I was a pioneer, I thought it would never take off, I thought it was a dream, I thought I'd never have the courage, but I found this site called Gospel Graffiti. It was a group of hyper talented individuals who were all doing what I was currently dreaming of doing. They were my heroes, they were what I wanted to be but, I didn't have the experience or talent or fortitude to be. I copied them, I followed in thier footsteps, I knew it could be done so I went out and did it just like they were doing. I met up with some resistance, despair, and I thought "I don't belong in this world, they (GG crew) belong in this world, I'm just a wannabe and everybody knows it, who am I kidding? If I was a member of a crew like that I would have respect...". And for a while I toyed with the fantasy of joining the crew. But, I thought about it and I discovered that all my initial motives were based on the sins of prestige, pride and desires for acceptance from peers. I said to myself "forget that, I don't wanna be like that, I won't join the crew if they ask me (not that they would) 'cuz I want my life and work to be honest and humble". That's how it was until I went to California. I went there with the intention to just learn a thing or two and hone my skills. But when I got there and hung out with the guys from the crew they were all so nice, so encourageing, eager to pray for each other and help each other out. That's when I found out what being in a crew was really about. It's about family, it's about love and for the Gospel Graffiti Crew it's about church. I saw the family and felt like an adopted son that week and I wanted a piece of that love. I got annother email from Fasm tonight...

"hey man, welcome to the crew! hey can you email me with a pic of you and an email address that you want your battle36@ggcrew.com email to go to.and then when you get a chance write up a testimony and email it to me in text. we are glad to have you in!-fasm"

some of the other guys in the crew said...
"I'm down for him; dude improved really quickly and definitely has a heart for the Lord." - J1
"Hes good to go in my books"- Dyle
"I think he would be a great add"-Threat
"battle would be a great add"-Sacks
"right on write on. graffiti es por vida homie! love it and live it for Christ battle"-Cammer

5 comments:

Beth said...

Congradulations! And also I hope that you had a really great birthday (even if you didn't celebreate that you had another reason to celebrate, cool)

solnechko said...

congrats, battle!

Jamie A. Grant said...

Yay! *clap clap clap*

Battle said...

Thanks you very much guys. I'm very excited about this.

solnechko said...

yeah it's really cool and it's also neat when we get a chance to see what others think of us (and that it's positive)... it always is encouraging.