Sunday, October 22, 2006

GG questions

I've been talking with Fasm the leader or Gospel Graffiti Crew about becomeing a member of the crew over the last few months. I Recieved an Email from Fasm the other day with a bunch of questions. I just thought I'd show you my answers (in italics).

can you answer these questions please!
Yes


Who is God?
The creator of everything, omnipowerful, omnipresent, all seeing, everloving, righteous, begining and end, alpha omega, my provider.


Why are you on this planet?
To serve God and convince others to do the same.


What is Salvation?
Salvation is being made right through faith and accepting freedom from sins through Jesus God's son.


What dose it mean to "Give your life to God"?
Allow him to dictate every intention and will giving him authority in your life to do whatever he want's, not keeping any decitions out of his jurisdiction but giving him complete control everything from finances to friends.


Are you called to ministry?
Yes.

If so, what ministry are you involved in?
I currently work at a group home with children where I look after them and ensure they grow up to be fine men and women of God. I spraypaint biblical messages in public places.


When did you start painting?
Late October 2005


Why do you paint graffiti?
I write graffiti because God has given me a talent of art and I believe when God gives you something that can be used for him you should use it for him to praise him, to encourage believers, and show people a way to have a relationship with God. I chose the medium of graffiti because I've always had this talent but until I discovered Graffiti I always found art boring, distant, and of little impact on society. Graffiti allows me to send the messages of God to the mass public without being distant from the streets, the hudlums and homeless, people who need to hear what I'm saying, people who know they need God but don't know where to start. Art in a gallery is for one individual to own and to take it away and hide it from society in thier den or private study never to be seen again and to me it's depressing.


Do you paint illegally (anything you don't have permission to do)?
No

Your Location?
Southwestern Ontario Canada


What is your favorite Bible verse and how dose it relate to your personal testimony?
John 10:10 the devil comes only to steal kill and destroy I have come that you may have life and have it to the full. I always knew God was real and that he existed. When I was 12 I started drinking, I stole alcohol, I smoked, I made out with my friends girlfriend, and started hanging around dealers, and all the while I knew what was right but said to myself the bible doesn't REALLY say in peticular "thou shalt not make out with thine friends gal" and it doesn't say I can't drink it just says don't get drunk (but everytime I drank I got drunk). And on one such night of drinking when I was 16-17 I got alcohol poisening I threw up all over my clothes and was crawling around in my underwear in the back of the store that I worked in untill I threw up on my gitch too and finally passed out in a sleeping bag. When I woke up the next morning I was next to annother guy and for a second I couldn't remember how I got there all I remembered at the time was that I was naked in a sleeping bag with annother guy and first thing in the morning it really freaked me out. Ten minutes later I remembered that nothing had happened and that I had gotten off lucky this time. I looked back on all my alcoholism and realized that nothing good had ever come from it and that my life was all screwed up because of it. I realized then that the rules in bible aren't there to ruin my fun but are there to help me have the most fun. Have life and have it to the full. I never drank again and restored alot of relationships I had lost including my one with God.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow! Richard I knew before that you were an extremely intelligent, unique, fun, talented person, but I didn't realize until I read this that you are also incredibly courageous. It takes guts to say all that. I almost can't believe that God let me be related to someone so amazing! Thank you for sharing.

Love you,

Beth