Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Piece #4


I did this painting yesterday and I rushed it near the end. It used to say "Jesus or die". Today I went back and fixed up some mistakes and made it look cleaner. As I was painting a guy in a truck drove by and shouted "Jesus Sucks". Why would someone say that? I looked up and saw "JESUS OR DIE" staring me in the face. What a horrible message! That's why the guy thought Jesus sucked because, people like me tell them that Jesus hates them. That's not what the world needs to hear. I sat down and looked through my bible and this verse jumped out.

"God did not send his Son into the world to condemn its people. He sent him to save them" John 3:17

4 comments:

Battle said...

My friend Evan tipped me off to this skatepark in grimsby that put up some legal walls and so far they've been relitively untouched. We were driving in the van and he was motioning something with his hands he looked like he was trying to do long division. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was just thinking about how to draw the name Jesus. He explained what he was thinking to me and that's kinda where I started the sketch from for this piece.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Ah, much better. The first message seemed like the kind of thing you would see in the southern USA. :)

Aleah said...

I agree. I like the edited vesion better :)

Abe said...

Exactly, Jesus came to declare the FORGIVENESS of sins, not to condemn sin.

We are forgiven, the kingdom is now!