Saturday, October 18, 2008

Anti-Advertising

I got a call from a store owner early this morning who has been in contact with Coca-cola the largest distributor of the caffeinated beverage Kola in the world. Coke wanted to pay me to put their logo on the side of a building. I told the owner to call back coke and tell them I would not do it. I'm sure there was a large pay check attached that would have paid me handsomely which makes me curious to think how much is my talent worth to them but we know what curiosity did to the cat so, I didn't ask. I personally don't drink coke, I don't like the sugar and I don't like how fidgety and sick I feel after drinking it. It has a drug that can make you physically dependant on it. It's bad for you. There has also been a string of coke union reps in Columbia who keep dying... mysteriously.... from guns. On the other hand let me tell you about something I endorse regularly. Jesus! He gave us words to live by, He showed us a radical way to live that brings us not just happiness but Joy, He plans our steps, gives us all good gifts and when things are tough and relatives die and we seem to have no hope, we have hope, and we have peace. Not because were crazy or living in denial but because the God who lives with us each day and knows all our hurts and pains and well everything in the universe said "I have a plan for you, a plan to give you a future and a hope". It's ours, it's a secret, it's just between God and us and we look crazy to everybody else like we're talking to an imaginary friend but we know that there really is a God who talks to us and does miracles in our lives and He said it'd be alright. It's the real thing.

I'm Battle and I endorse this message.

2 comments:

Jamie A. Grant said...

"I'm Battle and I endorse this message." Ha! Love it...

And while I whole-heartedly support your stance, I also defend my own job. I use my God-given gifts and my artistics abilities as a web/database developer in a commercial job advertising...Pepsi! So am I the anti-Battle now? ;)

Anonymous said...

Yep.