Friday, June 13, 2008

Ummmm nope

Well ladies and gentlemen you witnessed it here first the biggest opportuunity of my mural career. The opportunity of maybe a lifetime, my chance to leave a substantial mark on the landscape of London for maybe decades to come. The chance to have respect as an artist and not only that but complete possibly London's biggest work of art. Oh and the money, thousands apon thousands of dollars are at my fingertips waiting for me to reach out and grab it. I have the connections, I have the skill, I have the stamina, I have the knowledge and I have the presentation. It doesn't feel right though, it's not a ministry opportunity and I'd have to sacrifice things to get it. Sacrifice time with my wife durring our first year of marriage. Sacrifice annother outreach ministry that I already promised I'd attend. Sacrifice time at my new job working and making a difference in peoples lives. I can't say it'll never happen but although the window is small for this opportunity I'm letting it pass until something is revealed to me.

2 comments:

Battle said...

Don't yell at me Jamie, I know all the discussions we've had but, I still don't agree with you on the whole work/ministry/money thing. Or do you agree with me on this one?

Jamie A. Grant said...

Heh. I actually agree with you, my friend. You considered it but it's a big decision and you listed some excellent reasons.

Cam and I both respect your views on the work/ministry/money thing. Just because my view on this matter is different doesn't mean I can't support yours. I'll still challenge you from time to time, of course, just like I expect from you in return...