Saturday, May 19, 2007

Fair - oh! / Piece #29


I've been talking to a writer named Fair from hamilton for a month trying to get together to do something. It was really last minute but we got together and did a couple walls in grimsby. He picked me up and he sketched something out real quick (which he didn't stick to), I freestyled my piece and the whole event fit together in a gloriously unplanned and hap-hazard way.

He was a really nice guy he started painting like 5 years ago and also started the peoples crew with a friend of his. He started going to church and hasn't done any illegal painting in like 3 years. His strongest influence was from a writer from Gospel Graffiti Crew named Sonz. Fair had alot of good things to say about sonz. The night before Sonz had sent me an email wanting to paint with me and I talked to him a few hours before I hooked up with Fair to paint.



The whole thing came off nicely and he drove me around Hamilton showing me some walls, his house, his family, the yards, and some tight murals he had done before dropping me off at the bus station. The top one is Fair's the bottom one is mine.

At the bus station I checked when the next bus home was and as it turned out I had missed it by 15 minutes and the next bus wasn't till 11pm. I met a guy who had also missed the bus by 5 minutes. We talked and then he got picked up. A few minutes later he came back and asked if I wanted a ride back to London.



5 comments:

solnechko said...

hey that's awesome about the ride... i love it when things like that happen...

Beth said...

yeah nice about the ride, nice piece too.

Battle said...

God is good

Anonymous said...

BERZT ONE!!!

Anonymous said...

"""""berzt one,san jose,ca!!!"""