Monday, April 02, 2007

Canvas again


I guess the four canvases I gave to the church sold out really quickly and some people still want some more. I was bored one day so I went to the art supply place and picked up some canvases then painted them. I figure it's a good thing cuz the canvases I donate to the church get sold and all the proceeds go to mission trips in foreign countries. Plus I hope that the canvases are going to good homes I think one will be hanging in a youth room in missasauga. Over the last few days I've been really delving into the mindset of an artist. What makes an artist an artist? what does a great artist do? What does thier work look like? What is success for an artist? Then my Dad handed me a book on art history. It goes through all the different significant periods in art and explains what the different movements focused on. It was very intersting to see my art in the grand scheme of art history and examine some of my art's values.

My work has it's roots in monumantalism, allegoricism, Pietism, futurism, social realism and incorperates: perspectivism, gesturalism, emotionalism, symbolism, neo-impressionism, expessionism and abstract expessionalism. In the future I hope to incorperate impressionism, illusionism and fauvism.

No comments: