Saturday, October 29, 2005

Graffitti Treat

This is my first peice of art in the wonderful medium of spraypaint. My first Creation a nun in habit covering her face intwined with a legged serpent and I called it Eve and it was good. I only had blue and a little white at the time and I thought that I couldn't do much with it but spraypaint surprised me. It's like a really easy to use giant pen that shrinks and grows on a whim. Above eve you can see a candle I did the same day after I bought $30 worth of paint. I got an email today from the pastor of a church downtown today. I have permission to start painting the back of 920 dundas st. Joel Terry and I have already dreamed up a concept and we are both excited about how our different styles will fuse on this peice to create a spiritual work of art while at the same time getting rid of some old graff and blessing a church that has blessed us both. Plus it wont be illegal!

5 comments:

solnechko said...

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!

I was SO hoping they would ask Joel to graffiti 920... and I'm glad they asked you too! YEAH!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!

Jamie A. Grant said...

Well now, those plans for nine20 worked out even better than I hoped. Very cool. I'm sure you and Joel Terry will pull off something that smacks us upside the head.

Battle said...

thanks guys for your optimism and kind words and it's nice to have you visit shona. Hey I was reading your blog and your smart. Jamie I was reading your blog too... oh well... not too many spelling errors, good effort!

Jamie A. Grant said...

Oh! Burn!

By the way, your previous comment should be spelt "your blog" and "you're smart."

I am so smart. S-M-R-T

Battle said...

double burn! hats off to you for picking up on my unintentional mistake.